I'd like to tell you how I was quietly determined to do my best this last week, and methodically worked my way through the chapter. Very calm, very controlled.
Of course, that would be a massive lie. I want this so badly and I got SO frustrated with myself that I couldn't get the chapter right first time.
On the plus side, I learnt I can write a lot when I set my mind to it. Here was my week:
- Monday - submit Chapter Two draft to Team Jessica
- Tuesday - get feedback
- Wednesday - totally misinterpreting feedback, come up with an idea to address the areas of weakness.
- Wednesday night - Team Jessica politely tells me that my idea sucks
- Wednesday-Friday - Write almost totally new chapter, convinced that draft was awful
- Friday - CPs tell me (very nicely) that there are some problems with my new chapter, and ask what happened to that good stuff from the draft?
- Saturday - Take all the good bits of the draft and the new chapter, and create new chapter. Get some excellent feedback from Team Jessica and my amazing CPs.
- Sunday - Make final tweaks and polish polish polish!
Throughout all of this my incredible CPs kept me going with phone calls and emails (and one very timely calming cup of tea :) ), and my lovely partner even brought me cups of coffee without being asked :) I also managed to squeeze my full time job in somewhere, too.
I would love it if you could read my chapter, and if you like it, it would be super awesome if you voted for me :) To vote you need to register and log in, and you can only vote once.
Ohh - and did you see the very lovely button Lacey Devlin made for me (on the right)? How nice is she?